Monday, June 6, 2011

Knockout! Here's an Important Lesson for the Garage Jockey

Now I haven’t gotten to one of the really important parts of owning a vintage motorcycle. Let me start by saying that the weekend after I bought mine, I mowed the lawn, planted 5 new rose bushes (double knockouts), transplanted the hydrangeas, and put up some garage shelving.

You should be getting the message by now; don’t neglect the other important things in your life – like your significant other if you are so blessed. Or your family or friends. The bike will still be in the garage tomorrow and the next day, but relationships need attention to keep them going. I'm definitely guilty of getting a bit obsessed about a fun project vs the others things that are necessary, but not so fun. I guess the key word that we hear a lot these days is balance. It really does seem like most things work better in moderation.

That’s probably enough on that topic. Next time let’s plan to talk about the hunt for the perfect motorcycle – or at least something close enough to it to make you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment